One of the things you can do is identify individuals after the formal introduction of collaboration into your organization that are especially interested and form what I call a ‘first follower’ group.
I have a client who has a first follower group program that runs for six months at a time. There are 6-12 participants. We run a group coaching model and here are some of the components of the group experience:
– a study action component where the participants read a book on collaboration and study it together
– laser coaching is available upon request for one-on-one support with a specific issue
– creating new collaboration tools
– advising on the pace of collaboration education in the organization through town halls, departments and their newsletter
– participants deliver ‘lunch and learns’ to the broader organization based on what they experience in the group