First Things First – Cima’s Business Framework
- Why/Purpose: I challenge proven leaders, wanting excellence to ‘take the next step’ to become great men and women, building great organizations.
- The Greater Purpose: Business leadership, at the service of mankind, will save the world.
- Mission: Share what I know that works and what doesn’t when it comes to long-term decision making and achieving excellence. Your results will be great integrity, magnanimity, great strategy, and permanence.
- Who: For leaders who are introspective, humble, and committed to reaching the upper right quadrant, or quadrant 4, of the Business Leadership Excellence 2×2.
- What: Establish a common language, execute a process, and elevate results with an accountability group.
- How: (virtual & in-person service/program delivery) Strategy advisory program, Significant Leadership Program, & Attollo business peer-to-peer advisory group.
- How: (marketing) Speaking, writing, direct mail, & leader (often founder) of professional associations and non-profits.
- Value: Higher standard for yourself, less overwhelm, increased focus & speed, higher quality growth and business continuity.
- Long-term objective: Business leadership is embraced as a vocation
- Short-term objective: To attract as many leaders as possible as quickly as possible to do great things with urgency, learn how they can uniquely make a difference, and change the game.
The Road to Excellence – Great Integrity, Magnanimity, Great Strategy and Permanence (a montage of WHO Darren is and WHAT he knows )
WHO Darren is: Going back to the beginning of being a ‘trailblazer’ and leading a group to boldly go where no one has gone before to
accomplish a goal previously out of reach.
High School (Jesuit College Prep)
College (Texas A&M University)
International Business (35 countries)
Taipei and Seoul
Then, Sally and I married and I reinvented myself for a career that was more family-friendly…
WHAT Darren’s done (how he knows what he knows)…
2008 – The AEC CEO Round Table sparked conversation and broke-down silos between architects, engineers & contractors
2009 – Initiating integrated project delivery (IPD) where a team culture is established to connect to project strategy to optimize results
2010 – The Collaboration Gauge was the first culture metric created
2011 – The CollaborACTION bridge memorializes what works in a repeatable, annual schedule
2013 – The Pride Curve is a tool to minimize the most potent and pervasive vice, which is pride.
2014 – The Collaboration Behavior Flow Chart helps leaders make faster, more consistent and informed decisions when dealing with behavior producing negative results
2015 – one of the first elements of the organizational excellence sheet that captures culture on paper and makes it measurable
2017 – the Relationship Placemat makes hiring, assembling teams and professional development visual
2017 – the Constructive Forum, founded and led by Darren, created the ConstructiveForumInteractiveWorkbook to move the ‘norm’ in design & construction in Houston
2018 – The Business Leadership Excellence 2×2 brings everything together
2020 – The Great Reversal – a plan to turn things around quickly by achieving excellence